Golden rock tour: 2 day Golden Rock and Bago Tour
$ per personINQUIRE NOW →
- Golden Rock tour to explore the Golden Rock, the important symbol of Burmese religion.
- Enjoy the beautiful sunset on the summit of Golden Rock Pagoda.
- Make a wish at the mysterious Crow’s Mouth Cave of Kyee Kan Pa Sat.
- Visit many other monuments on the route Bago – Yangon.
15 years old
The Golden Rock tour is proper for travelers whose time is limited. In only 2 days, you will be surprised by the famous Golden Rock and the charming Bago, the home of the Myanmar’s tallest pagoda. Additionally, the stunning landscape along the route surely will be memorable images for your journey..
Yangon – Kyaiktiyo: by car
The Golden Rock tour begins when you see the tour guide at your hotel in the morning. After that, a 5-hour driving will lead you from Yangon to Kyaiktiyo via Burmese countryside filled up with green rice paddy fields.
The most delightful of this day is the Golden Rock in Kyaiktiyo Pagoda (or Golden Rock Pagoda), en route. Arriving at the base camp of Kin Pun, we continue driving on the path to the famous Golden Rock, a familiar image in any Myanmar travel guide. Then enjoy a light trek to the summit to be overwhelmed by the charming sunset.
Being particular by precarious position, the famous Golden Rock covered by gold leaf is an important site of Buddhist pilgrimage as well as an important symbol of Myanmar culture and religion. You can ask your experienced guide to understand more about origin of this site. If lucky, you can see the traditional activities of pilgrimage season here. Explore about the pagoda and then drive back to guesthouse for overnight and finish the today’s journey from Yangon to Golden Rock here.
Overnight at guesthouse in Kyaiktiyo.
Kyaiktiyo – Bago – Yangon: by car (B)
In the morning, take a visit to Kyee Kan Pa Sat known as Crow’s Mouth Cave, an important place of worship for the regional people. Visit shops selling handicraft en route. Reaching the cave located at the top of the mountain, tossing coins into it is a traditional way to make wish.
Then, walk back to hotel for check out and following driving downhill to the base camp. Continue the route to Bago via rice fields and small towns and then we will arrive at this former Mon Kingdom, which was founded in 15th century. Visit local market and landmarks, especially the Kanbawzathadi Palace constructed by King Bayinnaung and Kalayani Sima (Ordination Hall).
Known as Myanmar’s tallest pagoda, Shwemawdaw Paya is one of attractions we should not miss. Next to visit Shwethalyaung Pagoda and round off the day with an exploration at Kyauk Pun Pagoda. Arriving at Yangon, we will say goodbye at your hotel.
End of the Golden Rock tour!
Why choose this tour:
Experience the gilded pagodas, sacred sites and ancient towns of Myanmar on this 2-day private tour with your friends from Yangon. Your itinerary includes a 5-hour drive each way, taking in the sights and emerald green landscapes en route. Single or twin-share accommodation and breakfast at a local guesthouse in Kyaiktiyo is included.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Additional passport information will be requested upon booking this tour
- Please be advised that transport to Kyaikthiyo is approximately 5 hours and may not include air conditioning
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses, including emergency repatriation, is required to participate on this tour; proof of insurance must be shown to tour leader on the first day
Your Golden Rock tour includes the following services:
- Transport via private vehcles
- Entrance fees and activities as per itinerary
- 1-night stay at guesthouse in Kyaikthiyo
- Professional guide
Your Golden Rock tour excludes the following services:
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
What Other People Are Saying (0 Reviews)
Thank you for your interest in Golden rock tour: 2 day Golden Rock and Bago Tour. Please fill in your details below and we will contact you by phone or email within 24 hours.
SEND US A MESSAGE
You may also like
Kengtung is an ideal place for trekking thanks to its sloping mountains, hills with beautiful natural views. The route of trekking Yangon to ...